Thursday, January 15, 2009

Savva New Year

We had a chance to celebrate New Year's with Savva Orphanage by attending their New Year's Ball Masquerade. The children and caregivers prepared a 2 1/2 hour presentation, complete with dancing, skits, and singing. It was wonderful.


During the concert I was thinking about the idea of a parent going to their child's concert or recital. I was thinking of how boring the parts have to be when a parent's children are not involved. For example, I don't know how many violin recital's my parents had to sit through. They might have really enjoyed watching me perform, but I don't know that they enjoyed the whole thing.


As I thought about this I realized how thankful I am. During everyone performance one of "my children" was performing. I was so proud of them. They put so much work into it and their work paid off. The morning after the Ball Masquerade, we went from group to group giving out gifts to each child. What a great way to spend two days!

No comments: