Saturday, January 10, 2009

The End of the New Year!

On Thursday we hosted our last New Year's party at the orphanage.  As a result, Kids Connection is finally finished with 2008, only about 8 days late.  :)  I will try to catch up with some stories and pictures from each party over the next week.  I hope you enjoy them.

The big news for me currently is that I will be leaving Taraz in five days.  The last month has flown by!  I packed a lot of my things today.  I have a busy week this week, but it should be fun as I make my last trips to the orphanages and spend time with children.

I will spend two days in Almaty, and then fly out of Almaty on Sunday.  Sunday will be something like a 35 hour day.  I will leave Almaty at 3 am and arrive in Cleveland at 4pm on the same day. 

A few posts earlier, I shared a more specific calendar, but here is a brief summary of my time in the States.  I will spend my first couple weeks with my family (in Ohio and Montana) and then go to Denver for a week.  From there I will be in VA for a week and a half and MD/PA for a week and a half.  I will spend about 3 months in Muncie, IN - with a short trip to Oklahoma for Easter thrown in the middle.  At the end of May I will spend a week with my folks in Ohio and then travel back to Kazakhstan the first week of June.  I am looking forward to seeing so many of you during my time in the States.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Have a great trip and a great time at home!

Wil and Jen said...

I sure hope we can catch up with you while you are in Va. We would love to see you. Let us know where in Va you will be and we will do our best to make sure our paths cross. Safe Travels, that trip is a long day.
Peace,
Jen Thompson