Monday, January 19, 2009

Arrival in the States

I am currently sitting in the airport in Chicago typing away on hi-speed internet (that is actually hi-speed).  I have walked past McDonalds, Starbucks, Cinnabon, and many other really familiar names that I have missed.  It's funny, I never used to eat at McDonalds when I was in the States, but walking by I have this urge to buy french fries.  So far, my only purchase has been a Sports Illustrated magazine for my last flight and some gum. 

Well, I just wanted to let you know I am back in the States.  My trip was uneventful.  I was a bit concerned when I came down with a cold the day before traveling, but thankfully the first day was the worst and traveling hasn't been bad at all.  On the last flight I even got to sit at the bulkhead and had plenty of room for my long legs.  :)  There were also only three of us sitting in five seats, so we had plenty of room to stretch out without having to worry about invading each other's space.  I feel pretty rested considering the long trip and a cold. 

Tonight I will be watching playoff football with my folks and will just enjoy being "home" with them.  Well, I have to get going since my gate has changed and I have to move to a different terminal. 

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yeah! for making it back safe and sound. Yeah! for the cold not being too much of a bother. I guess Yeah! for football... since I don't like football that is a hard one, but since you do I'm happy for you.. So, looking forward to seeing you in Feb.. Mercy, Grace and Peace to you my friend..

Unknown said...

Thanks for being happy for me - even in football. :) I have had a nice time with my family so far. We go out to be with my sister tomorrow! I am really looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to coming out East and seeing you. Have a wonderful week!