Saturday, May 10, 2008

Visiting Drug Stores

Many of you live in a country where you can go to one drug store and have any prescription filled. Well, finding the medications my friend recommended has been a chore. So far, I have found two out of three. I think I have only been to ten drugstores so far looking (this is actually not an exaggeration). For the most part, drugstores here are small and only have a narrow selection of drugs available. Although this has been a bit frustrating, it has also been fairly entertaining.

There are some real advantages to getting medications here. For the most part, you do not need a prescription. This is especially helpful when you decide to self-diagnose and self-medicate. Also, the two medications that I purchased cost me a total of less than $10 for 40 pills (10 of these being pretty high powered antibiotics). This is better than my drug copay in the States.

This weekend has been relaxing. I have been trying to rest as much as possible. We had the day off for Victory Day (end of WWII) on Friday. I went to watch six of our girls at two different orphanages compete in soccer. It was fun, although I was a bit sore from sitting on concrete bleachers for 4 hours. Today I basically rested and didn't accomplish very much. Tomorrow I will be going to the car bazaar to start looking for a car. We will also celebrate Men's Day with the boys at Saramoldaeva in the afternoon.

No comments: