Thursday, May 15, 2008

Health Update and a Funny Story

I have actually been feeling pretty bad the last couple days. My stomach has been bothering me a lot and I have been feeling really weak. I'm hoping that the medications I am taking with start to take affect soon. Today I went ahead and took the day off, which was much needed. I spent most of the days sleeping and watching movies. It was relaxing. Even so, today has not been without its excitement.

Funny Story: Yesterday morning I woke up to no cat. That's right, Beth's cat was missing. The only thing I could figure was that she climbed out the window and went to play outside. Yesterday Ken and I both looked for her a couple times, but couldn't find her. Today, when I wasn't feeling good someone from work was going to pick me up to go look at a car. I went out to wait on the street and heard her crying. I walked down the street half a block and looked up into a tree. It took me a while to find her, but there she was. Ken, Ember, Kiikzhan, Moldir, and I came back a short while later to try to get her out of the tree.

Here is the funny part. Now, picture this, a tree with no branches for the first 10 or so feet. From there up, the branches all pretty much go straight up creating this slender tube of branches outside the trunk. Ken used his car to get up to the lowest branch and climbed the tree (within the branches) to look for the cat. At which point the cat decided to climb higher and deeper. There were four of us on the ground trying to direct Ken to the cat we couldn't see. Each of us had different opinions of where it sounded like her cry was coming from. Finally, Kiikzhan saw the cat way up high and we went ahead and had Ken come down. We decided to go out a couple hours later and see if she had climbed back down. On their way back from Ulan (while I was watching the old Pride an Prejudice - the best movie for when you're sick) Ember and Ken found the cat and brought it back. She was extremely thirsty and tired, but otherwise seems fine. I bet she'll think twice before going out the window again.

No comments: