Thursday, November 1, 2007

Remont (aka: remodeling)

We (Beth, Ken, and I) have worked on replacing the linoleum in my kitchen and entryway over the last couple weeks. It was definitely an adventure. First we had to remove all my cabinets and appliances from the kitchen (including my gas stove). Then we removed the baseboards in chunks because most of them were cemented in. When we took up the first layer of linoelum, we found a second layer underneath covered with mold (Nasty!!! - this became my favorite word for this project). Then we had to screw particle board into the uneven cement in order to create a floor that was mostly level. While we were laying the linoleum, we used my balcony to paint my cabinets (their original color was goldenrod - my favourite). I still can't get over the difference new linoleum and freshly painted cabinets make. It feels like I have a whole new apartment. Hope you enjoy the pictures!



2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm so sad to see that go Sara!! NOT!

Unknown said...

It's kind of strange to be able to tell when my floor is actually dirty.