Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What a Day!

Today was an extemely productive day. I am feeling a lot better, although I still have a cough. Today we (Ken and I) spent most of the day at Ulan orphanage. Our main purpose was to get information and pictures updated for our Kids Connection program. When we first arrived, some of the boys were playing basketball. Ken and I took them on and I think we beat the five of them even though I couldn't make a shot. I haven't played basketball in such a long time. Next time I will have to take my sneakers and comfortable clothes so I can play a bit harder.

Afterwards we delivered a new sound system to the orphanage. We were able to purchase 2 wireless mics, 4 wired mics, 2 large speakers, and a nice sound board. The man in charge of music was very grateful.

We spent the rest of the time dropping off letters from sponsors and making sure we had information for all 150 children at the orphanage. After several days of doing this, I think we finally have each child's correct information. Children here either study in the morning or in the afternoon, so it is very hard to find a time when all the children are at the orphanage. As a result, we have to go several times in the morning and several times in the afternoon in order to see all the children.

Update: We have received about 25 applications for the Kids Connection Coordinator position. We have narrowed the candidates down to the best four and will begin interviews next week. We are looking for someone that is both good with details and good with children.

No comments: