Saturday, November 17, 2007

Breathing through a Snorkel

My cold, which I thought was going away, has gotten worse over the last couple days. Last night I decided that the best way to describe how I feel is that it is like breathing through a snorkel while swimming in the ocean. Most of the time I get full breaths, but every once-in-a-while it feels like I just swallowed a mouthful of sea water and have a coughing fit. :) I hope you enjoy the mental picture of me snorkeling through the steppes of Kazakhstan. The closest American doctor thinks it might be walking pneumonia, so she had me start a round of antibiotics today. I am praying that with two days of rest, I will back at close to full strength for work on Monday. I have thoroughly enjoyed having a day of complete rest even though I am not feeling well.

Update (11/18/07): I am feeling much better. Antibiotics and rest are wonderful things. I no longer sound like a foghorn. I should be back in the office tomorrow. Thanks to those of you that prayed for me.

No comments: