Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Fun!

I had a great time at SERVE.  My group was such a fun group.  We worked really well together.  The culmination of the week was something called the "Party in the Parking Lot."  All the youth help put on a carnival-type event in the parking lot.  There were inflatable games, food, live entertainment, and all sorts of other free fun.  This year our group was in charge of inflatable games.  This included putting the games away in record time.  A storm appeared quickly and we had to clean up about 10 different inflatable games (with several other groups) in about 20 minutes.  It was fun to see everyone pull together all week and accomplish so much good in our city.

My favorite project was building a short rock wall to accent a park area that we worked on.  It was fun to try to fit the rocks together like a puzzle.  Below are some pictures of my team.



My first graduate class is going well so far.  I survived my first test and paper.  Also, God has provided places for me to stay this summer.  It is fun to see how God continues to provide for my every need.

No comments: