Saturday, July 31, 2010

One Class Down Nine to Go

It seems kind of bad that I am already counting down the total number of classes before I can graduate.  Last week I finished my first class.  Although at times it was boring, I really enjoyed the information that I learned.  My favorite lecture was on adaptive technologies.  It was fun to hear about all the free things available that I could see helping the kids in Kazakhstan.  The whole way through the lecture I kept thinking of specific kids and how certain types of technology would allow them to have a fuller life.  I am going to take one class this fall in order to gage the amount of work required for one class.  I am looking forward to it, since one of the more interesting lecturers from my last class will by my professor.  

Both of our delegations returned home safely.  It has been fun to hear about their time in Kazakhstan.  This week has been a bit crazy with a lot of meetings at work.  I am looking forward to seeing how we implement some of the concepts we have been talking about.

This morning my mother came out of her bedroom to find me sitting on the couch in the living room.  Since there was a light behind my head, she had a hard time figuring out who was in her living room working on a computer.  Her reaction was priceless.  This is only the third time we have succeeded in surprising mom.  I will spend today and tomorrow with them before heading back to Muncie.  I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

No comments: