Saturday, March 28, 2009

March Madness!

The best thing about being in the States in March is basketball! I have not been here during this time since I first moved to Kazakhstan almost six years ago. I had forgotten how much I missed just getting to watch playoff basketball for a month.


Thursday afternoon I took Daniel Knauss and his friend to the new Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. Indy is hosting the regional Sweet Sixteen. There will be four teams facing off tonight. Thursday afternoon each team had an open practice that was free to the public. We had such a great time. We were sitting in the third row for much of the time and had great views of some pretty impressive players. We got to see Kansas, Michigan State and Louisville practice. We had a really fun afternoon.


I even got home in time to watch Thursday night's games as well. How fun!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I know absolutely nothing about March Madness, but love hearing your excitement and the fact that you get to enjoy something you love. I hope you are getting your "bucket" filled to overflowing while you are here my friend. Have fun...

Brian said...

How fun Sara!

Unknown said...

It was definitely a fun day! I think I'm going to go through withdrawal now that college basketball is over.