Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Forever Family

I had the opportunity to spend dinner with Amina and her family during my time in PA.  Amina is a young girl who was adopted from Kazakhstan about a year ago.  Although our company has nothing to do with adoptions, we often get to meet the families of the children that are adopted from the orphanages.  Amina’s family had done a good job helping her keep in touch with her friends at the orphanage.  I met Amina almost 6 years ago when I first moved to Kazakhstan.  She always greeted us with a smile and a hug. 

Amina is in sixth grade and is adjusting really well to life in the States.  It was fun to hear her speak English so fluently.  She rarely struggled to express herself. This was amazing to me because she didn’t know any English before being adopted one year ago.  It was also really fun to watch her as she interacted with her younger sisters and her parents.  I could see how much she loved them.  It brought me so much joy to see a child that was so long forgotten with a family that will be hers for the rest of her life.

No comments: