Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Week of Coaching

Twice a year, Interlink sends two or three people from the States to spend time "coaching" us.  Although it is busy, it is usually an encouraging time.  This last week has been no exception.  As we have met together, I have felt encouraged in the things I am doing well.  I have also been challenged in areas where I can make improvements.  I look forward to these times each year because I find it helpful to gain an outside perspective on the things I am doing on a daily basis. 

One of the fun things about this specific trip is that one of our coaches (Barb) is here for the first time.  It has been such a joy to watch her experience things for the first time.  This week has included teas in the village, meetings, a drive in a windstorm (I will have to tell the funny parts of this story later), a birthday party, being a human jungle gym, computer car racing, shopping, meals with friends, and so much more.

I will be leaving Taraz for Shymkent on Tuesday afternoon in order to welcome our next (and final) delegation.  It is a small group.  Each one is a sponsor and will have a chance to spend time with their sponsored child.  It will be fun to experience Kazakhstan with them!

No comments: