Monday, October 27, 2008

The Fun of Guests

The last few weeks have been a lot of fun as we have had two different delegations here.  The current delegation is made up of people that sponsor children through our Kids Connection program.  It has been fun to watch them interact with their children and enjoy the beauty and culture of Kazakhstan.



Some Highlights of Having Guests Here
  • Seeing delegates fall in love with the people of Kazakhstan
  • The excitement of the host homes
  • Getting to see many of the children and mothers that I helped with at CP camp this summer
  • Watching the sponsors and children meet for the first time (see IRI blog)
  • Taking kids to a small amusement park (I even got to ride the roller coaster and drive bumper cars, so I may experience whiplash for the next few days). 
  • Getting to go to the Saramoldaeva Orphanage Director's house for dinner and being served the largest piece of meat I have ever been served in my life.  

No comments: