Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One Busy Week Down, Four to Go!

My busy week ended up going very smoothly for the most part.  There were things that I didn't plan that I had to do and things that I was planning to do that ended up being canceled.  I figured it might be nice for you to know how things turned out. 

Monday was full of meetings as expected, but I was able to get a lot of things accomplished and started off the week pretty well, despite my dislike of Mondays. 

Tuesday - The peach cobbler turned out great!  People have already requested that I provide another one as my "cake" for my birthday in November.  I think I will have to make one before then ... it is just too good to wait that long. 

Wednesday - My Kazakh lesson was cancelled due to a holiday!!!  This was a relief due to my busy schedule.  We had a training at PTL for the teachers there.  I felt like it went well.  They seemed really excited about the possibilities and asked for us to come each month.  They also suggested a longer training sometime at the beginning of January.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to "teach" again.  In the evening I went over to my Kazakh family's house to celebrate the holiday.

Thursday - Our time at Ulan was extremely smooth.  It feels like a different place.  We have gotten a great amount of cooperation from the staff during our recent visits.  It was fun to be with the kids again.

Friday - I had a wonderful day off.  I got to rest all day and even saw one of the students that had been in my English club several years ago.  In the evening I went over to Olya's for a birthday party for her and Jason.  It was a nice, relaxing time with friends.  Oh yeah ... the best part of the day was getting to sleep in until 10:30.

Saturday - I got to sleep in until 10:30 again.  At 4:00 pm we left for Savva orphanage.  That evening we went from group to group getting surveys filled out for every child.  It was a bit chaotic as was to be expected but primarily succesful. 

Sunday - I got to play soccer!!! I enjoyed the relaxing morning of getting to play with children.  I definitely enjoyed getting my fill of hugs in over the weekend.  I hadn't seen most of the kids since August and it was fun to catch up with them. 

This week we are working on tying up a bunch of loose ends (getting surveys ready to go back with the next delegation, printing pictures, preparing birthday gifts for the whole year, organizing supplies, preparing for the next two delegations, and several other things). 

Although I am tired from the last week and feel like I might be coming down with a cold, it was a very encouraging week.  It was a joy to be back with the children again.  I have missed seeing their smiles. 

No comments: