Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One Of The Thing I Miss Most

When asked what I miss most about the USA being in Kazakhstan (other than people), my answer usually revolves around sports. I have been reminded of this as I go into my 5th NFL season of not really being able to watch the Redskins play (as well as any other football that is on). Although the Redskins are my favorite team (having grown up in Maryland) I am pretty happy to watch any football game that is on TV when I am in the States. At times friends have sent me games that they recorded, which has been fun even though they are after the fact.

I have tried looking for several options here, but the only one I could come up with was buying a satellite and paying a man to come to my apartment every day and figure out the codes for me to be able to watch ESPN. I didn't figure that was the best option.

I figured I would write this blog to any of you that might be more technically savvy than I am. We have a slow form of DSL at home. Do any of you know of any ways to download Redskins games from the internet? I can't actually watch them in real time because of the slow speed of our connection. I researched this a couple years ago, but found nothing. I just don't know if technology has changed since then in order to make this possible. Thanks for any advice you may have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara - I ran across a product that might allow you to watch U.S. network television. Check out - http://www.wherever.tv/AppHome.jsf.

I'm not sure what kind of Internet connection speeds you can get but this might work for you. Hope you're doing well!

- Jim Bentley