Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Learning New Things

I never realized that my work in Kazakhstan would teach me so many new skills completely unrelated to my daily work with orphans. I have enjoyed learning each of these new skills (some more than others).

Most recently I have learned how to update a website. After receiving mockups from Jason, I had the opportunity to try to update our Interlink Resources webpage. It has been fun to learn this new skill ... but I still have much to learn. I am excited that we are now able to have sponsors for our child sponsorship program actually donate online.

Some of the other things I have learned since being here: how to help keep a network running, how to install and program a phone system, how to run telephone and network cables, how to put in my own bathroom fixtures, how to install light fixtures, how to switch out electrical outlets, how to put in a new faucet, how to make sausage from ground pork, how to take a bucket bath, and so much more.

I love learning new things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,

You guys are doing great work! I found your blog through the blog stalking I have been doing since I am about to travel to Taraz to adopt a child. I would love to learn more about what your organization does, and maybe meet you and help out if I can while I am there. You can email me at swalsh02@tampabay.rr.com if you guys would like to try to meet up when I'm there in Mar/April.

Cool site!
Shannon