Friday, February 8, 2008

Excerpts from Letters

Last weekend I had a migraine. As a result, I was unable to go to Savva orphanage for our monthly visit. It was a very difficult decision for me to stay back since I will be on vacation next month on the weekend that we visit Savva. When my coworkers returned, they brought about 10 letters with them for me from the children. They really encouraged me and I thought I would share some excerpts with you.

"In our free time we like playing with the toys you got us for New Years. You are my best friend. I am glad that you write letters to me."

"I wish you could visit us every day, but I understand that you can’t. If you were able to be here with us, I would spend time with you all day long. I want summer to come quickly, so that you can come and be with us for a week with the other Americans."

"I worry about you when you aren’t with us. My life is happy, but when I think about you I sometimes feel sad because you aren’t here."

"Thank you for helping us and writing letters to us. Thank you for getting us presents. I want you to come for my birthday. We will be waiting for your next visit. Please visit us, even if you don’t bring us presents, we want to see you."

"I am glad that you visited us. I really want to have a friend that I can write letters to. I think you are my best friend."

"You visit our family group often and you live in our hearts. We all love you very much. I like spending time with you. You are always happy."

*If you want to see more about this visit, you can visit the Interlink blog*

No comments: