Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Hits Just Keep on Coming

It seems like things over here are not going to slow down. This afternoon Beth and I went to the bazaar to purchase some things for our new apartment. While we were there, my wallet dissapeared.

I was walking down a path - which with the snow today and the snow pack previously - had turned into an ice skating rink (perfect for broom hockey, but not so good for shopping). I was following nicely behind Beth when my foot got caught in a bag. While I tried to shake it loose from my foot, my other foot lost its grip on the ice and I slid down to the ground. It would have been a nice slide had I been playing softball, but I was trying to walk on a crowded road. I was carrying a bag that had a lot of plastic containers in it. So, when I fell, it made this horrible noise that sounded as if I had fallen extremely hard, but it really didn't hurt at all. I imagine it was pretty entertaining for anyone watching.

I don't know if my wallet fell out of my zippered pocket at that point or if someone had taken it before. I thought I had my zipper closed, but I'm not quite sure. Thankfully, the other day I had taken my credit card out of the wallet. I lost some cash and my driver's license and my debit card. I have already cancelled my debit card, but I am a bit concerned about the process of getting a new license. My parents are going to check out the possibilities on Monday. It could have been a lot worse. As I was thinking about all that has happened this week (lost wallet, computer crash, etc) I was encouraged to remember that God has it all under control. I am glad that He is bigger than everything going on right now. I can't imagine going through all the daily things in life (especially this week) without knowing that He knows all that I am facing, what I will face in the future, and what will come from everything.

No comments: