Thursday, April 26, 2012

That's a First

Today we went to Savva orphanage for a short visit!  It was a lot of fun to see all the kids and staff. They didn't know I was coming, so it was fun to surprise them.  It also took them a second to figure out who I was since my hair was longer than it was previously. 

Today I experienced a first that I thought you all would enjoy.  I went to the gas station to fill up the car.  Here, a man pumps the gas for you.  First, you get out of the car and tell him what kind of gas and how much you want.  Then, you go inside and tell attendant.  If you asked the man outside to fill it up, then you wait inside until he has finished pumping your gas and then pay for it.  

I had asked the attendant to fill the tank and was waiting inside when, much to my surprise, I saw the whole van shaking.  It was as if I was back in youth group and everyone in the vehicle was trying to rock it back and forth.  This was especially funny because Barb, Larry, and Zarina were sitting inside the van waiting for me.  I was trying really hard not to burst out laughing, especially as I could see Zarina's face.  He shook the van for about 10 seconds and then went back to pumping.  Then he shook the car again and pumped a little more.  I think that was the fullest the van has ever been.  I guess he took me literally when I said I wanted him to fill it up.  


No comments: