Sunday, April 22, 2012

A busy Four Days

Hi everyone!  I made it safely to Kazakhstan and have had fun starting the process of getting settled back into everyday life.  I figured you might enjoy reading about some of the things that I have been doing (all in random order).  It's been fun, but a bit of a crazy four days.

  • Purchased a blow-dryer and flat iron (extremely important)
  • Removed the pink, sparkly wallpaper in the living room
  • Got gas for my car
  • Unpacked my luggage
  • Bought a Brita filter to put water in after I boil it
  • Attended a birthday party
  • Attended a staff training at the office
  • Hung out with my Kazakh family
  • Played toss with my Kazakh brother
  • Went to some hardware stores
  • Hung a towel rack
  • Changed the location for the hand towel rack
  • Purchased shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and other essentials
  • Mopped and vacuumed all my floors (especially necessary after the removal of wallpaper)
  • Picked out a vacuum cleaner for the apartment
  • Slept in until 9 am one morning - not bad for jet lag
  • Went to the store to look at TV options
  • Purchased a full line of cleaning supplies
  • Tried to do a load of laundry (realized the washer needs work)
  • Bought groceries
  • Went to a friend's house for dinner
  • Figured out what parking lot to park the car in
  • Read part of a book
  • Boiled eggs
  • Caught up with my friends at the office
  • Spoke on the phone to one of my past roommates 

No comments: