Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Highlights

I've had a great time here in Muncie!  It is hard to believe that I will be leaving on Thursday for Colorado.  I'm looking forward to time with friends there before heading to Montana for the birth of my niece!  It will be good to catch up with everyone that I haven't seen yet!

The great news for today is that I received my confirmation number for my Kazakhstan visa.  This is just one more step towards my departure on April 16th.  I still have a few more things to finish up and need a few new financial partners, but things are moving along great!  

Another exciting piece of news that I received last week is that as long as nothing changes, I will have 3 people from Lynchburg with me in Taraz this summer to help host delegations!  

In case you are wondering what takes place to prepare to head back to Kazakhstan, I figured I'd give you a list of some of the things I've been doing these last couple weeks.  

  • Doctor visit, including updated immunizations
  • A trip to the local blood lab for general blood work
  • HIV test - needed to get a Kazakhstan visa
  • Visiting with friends
  • Attending my last board meeting for Inside Out 
  • An open house in Muncie
  • Packing, sorting, unpacking, repacking, and weighing luggage
  • Helping out some in the Interlink office
  • Speaking to the youth I worked with in Muncie
  • Helping serve meals at Blood N Fire and visiting with my friends there
  • Panera and Starbucks have been the most visited locations
  • Watching some basketball in the evenings
  • A pancake breakfast with my small group
  • Getting new passport pictures
  • Taking/printing a new picture to give out to friends
  • Mailing away my visa application
  • Sliding down some great slides at Tuhey Park

1 comment:

kazakhstan dude said...

Thanks you for the great blog and really nice website. I am a native of Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.(Sister city of Almaty) who is now living and working in Kasakhstan. I am amazed daily by this country, and I applaud your efforts to better educate the people of the United States about the incredible variety of people and places that is Kazakhstan. I have rarely felt so “at-home” in a country so far from my own. I promise for my part to spread the word about what a beautiful and hospitable people the Kazakhs are.