Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!  In Kazakhstan the New Year's holiday is huge.  We celebrate with Santa coming to give children gifts, a huge meal, a presidential speech, New Year's movies, and fireworks!  There are times that I miss this time that I would spend with my Kazakh family, seeing the joy of their children as they bring in the New Year.  


I have had a wonderful time in Montana with my family.  It has been a chance to rest and relax and spend time with people I love.  I figured I'd list some of the things that have gone on during my time here.  I will head back to Muncie for a few days on January 4th before heading to Lynchburg.  
  • Walks with family in the beautiful scenery here in Montana
  • A quiet Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family
  • The realization that this will be my last Christmas "home" for a few years
  • Getting to talk to and see my Kazakh family on Skype
  • Finished reading The Good and Beautiful God, a really good book
  • Helped mom set up her first Kindle book 
  • Seeing the house that Comfort and Steve have put an offer on
  • Geocaching with my family 
  • Finding out I am allergic to both gluten and dairy
  • Playing games each day
I am so thankful for all the friendships God has given me.  May your New Year be filled with much joy and blessing!

Year-end donations towards the work of Interlink Resources can be made here



No comments: