Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visiting My Kids

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit some of "my kids" at the youth house.  The youth department here was hosting a birthday party for children with August and September birthdays and I was invited to go along.  I was able to see some of the kids from Savva and from Ulan.  It was fun to hear what they are doing.  Some are working, others are going to tech school, and others are studying at the local University.  It was fun to see the surprise in their eyes when they first saw me.  

Today is the first day of Ait (the holiday following Ramadan). Yesterday was food preparation day, so my family was working hard to prepare food.  When some unexpected guests came by, I was asked to finish frying the bread.  I was a bit concerned that I was trusted with such an important task.  I was a bit nervous about messing it up, but I think it all turned out okay.  It would have been kind of sad to have guests over today and serve them burnt or raw bread.  Beth, Vicki, and Barb are coming over to my host home tonight to celebrate together.  It should be a fun evening!  We might just have to get out "Just Dance", the wii game I gave my family.  That would be pretty entertaining.  

No comments: