Thursday, September 2, 2010

Two Days and Counting

On Friday afternoon Barb and I will get on an airplane headed for Kazakhstan.  I finished packing today (other than my carry-on).  By this point I am just ready to get on the plane and go.  However, I do have several things to finish up before I go.

We are making preparations for a Delegation Celebration on October 14th.  We will gather people together to hear about the delegations from 2010 and celebrate the great work that they did while in Kazakhstan.  It will be fun to hear all of their stories.  I have been working to help create a brochure, display board, and some other items that will be used to promote 2011 delegations.  The display board was a fun challenge.  I had never worked on something as big (size-wise) as that.

We have already heard that our flight from Almaty to Taraz will be delayed about 3 hours (not arriving until 11pm).  As a result, we will have about 15 hours in Almaty when we first arrive.  However, this is still a luxury compared to taking the train into Taraz (we will arrive at about the same time we would have if we took the train).  Hopefully the internet will be working as I will be trying to join in my fantasy football draft that morning.  :)

I will try to update regularly and let you know how things are going.  Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: