Friday, June 11, 2010

Memories

Today I had the joy of spending some time with four of the youth that I worked with back before going to Kazakhstan.  Several of them just graduated from high school and are moving on to University.  It was so fun to have the group back together and catch up on life and share memories of the past.  I look forward to seeing the choices that they will all make with their futures.

Starting Sunday I will be making some new memories with a new group of youth.  Last year I helped with something called SERVE for the first time.  Over 200 children and youth participate on teams that go out and serve the community.  I had such a good time last year and am looking forward to the memories that will be made this year.  My co-leader is the same one that I had last year and we will be working at the same location.  We begin Monday morning and don't finish until Friday night (including spending the nights).

We will be doing yard work, cleaning up a neighborhood park, swimming with children from a community center, and many other things.  I look forward to getting to know everyone in our group better.  I know we will spend a lot of our time laughing as we work hard to serve our community.

Today also marked the packing party for the first delegation that I have officially helped prepare to go to Kazakhstan.  They leave on Saturday and will be gone two weeks.  Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything important.  :)  Although my heart breaks not to be returning this summer, I look forward to the memories that will be made here.

No comments: