Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Long Overdue Update

A lot has happened since I last wrote. I figure I will write several short updates, since I don’t like reading long updates that people write and am guessing you might be the same.  Overall life is going great!

I am loving the moment.  I am going to be living in the same house in the fall.  I will need to stay somewhere else during July and August, as he will be back from Spain for a couple months before returning for the next year.  I am still working out the details of this.

Here are some random things that have been going on ... I will work on giving some more details for them in future posts for those that want more detail.

  • helping at a week-long service project for youth in Muncie next week
  • sending off two delegations in the next week for Kazakhstan
  • completed a handbook to prepare delegates for travel to Kaz
  • completed paperwork for 25 visas and received them with minimal problems
  • playing on a summer softball league
  • finished an 8 week leadership course that really challenged me in so many ways
  • applied and was accepted to begin grad school at Ball State - my first class starts June 21st
  • continue to be involved in a great small group at my church
  • 5th graders that I worked with before moving to Kaz graduated from high school this year, so I have been going to a bunch of open houses
My church had a "small group olympics" recently.  Our small group triumphed in a close put-off tie breaker.  Here is a picture of four of us competing in a corn hole relay.  





No comments: