Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Busy Week Ahead

Well, this next week looks to be one of the busiest weeks in my year (not to mention the start of a REALLY busy month).  I figured I'd let you all know what is coming up ... maybe if I write it all down I will be a little less overwhelmed by it.  :) 

Monday - Monday is just Monday.  I don't like them ... I have never enjoyed going back to work after a weekend.  I think my biggest complaint is how early the morning starts.  I use my weekends to mess up my sleep schedule entirely (going to bed at 2am and waking up at 10:30 am and having a nap sometime during the day). As a result, Monday mornings are hard - but it is my own fault.  The Redskins play the Cowboys starting at 2:15 am Monday morning - although I am really tempted, I think I will have to miss out on listening to the game.  The day also includes a Kids Connection meeting, a meeting with Marina, getting a computer ready for our accountant that returns, and a techonology training. 

Tuesday - Olya and Jason's birthday.  I am in charge of making a peach cobbler.  I have never done this before, so we'll see how it goes. There is a possibility that we will have an Ulan birthday party in the evening.

Wednesday - I have a Kazakh lesson at 12:30, which I haven't started to prepare for yet.  I think this will be a week of procrastinating right up until my lesson.  I am supposed to sing a song in Kazakh for my teacher ... we'll see how that goes.  Olya and I are also supposed to do a teacher training at the Polytechnic College (PTL) sometime on Wednesday.

Thursday - We begin our weekly orphanage visits at Ulan orphanage.  We will spend most of the day at Ulan playing with kids.  It will be fun to see the kids and spend time with them again, but it will take a little while to get back into the routine.  We will also try to make sure all of our information is completely updated for Kids Connection. 

Friday - MY DAY OFF!!!  I plan to sleep in and have no other plans until the evening (at least that is my hope). 

Saturday - We will leave at four in the afternoon to go to Savva orphanage in order to celebrate birthday parties.  We will return Sunday night.  The advantage to all of this is that I get to go in late on Monday, which means another day of sleeping in!!!

Later in the Month - We have two delegations coming in October (they will overlap in Kazakhstan for a couple days).  So, with all the Kids Connection visits starting and two delegations, this should be a crazy, but fun month. 

No comments: