Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Bit of a Break

It looks like I haven't posted in a long time.  A lot of that probably comes down to the fact that this has been a slow month.  In order to give the children a chance to get settled into school and in order to give us a break from the busy summer schedule, we start our orphanage visits at the beginning of October.  Although I don't necessarily enjoy being in the office behind my desk each day, I have enjoyed the chance to catch up on a lot of things that I didn't have time to do over the last year. 

I have reinstalled Windows on several of the computers at our office.  In the last two weeks, I have also been working with Jason Walke to get DSL working on everyone's computer at the office.  We are also using this time to try to get all of our records straight for Kids Connection (the child sponsorship program).  We have to figure out who has left,  who is new, and who has changed groups.  This is a pretty big project and will take us most of next week to get things updated.  Before we were able to start this, we had to get our online database working efficiently in order to be able to handle all of the changes.  We are currently preparing activities and plans for our weekly orphanage visits as well as our monthly birthday parties. 

I feel refreshed and ready for a new school year.  I'm glad I've had this short break from the busy schedule in order to catch my breath a bit and get focused and energized for the next few months.  I am sure the next four months (before I return to the States for a visit) will fly by. 

No comments: