Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys

The other day as I was walking home from the garage, I had to laugh. I heard a lot of voices coming from behind the trees above some small garages. When I looked up, this is what I saw.


These boys were leaping from garage to garage playing tag. I'm guessing that none of their mothers was watching at the moment. My mind naturally ran through all the potential dangers of playing tag 8 feet off the ground around sharp corners made of metal. My second thought was how fun that these boys are getting to be boys and live with a bit of adventure in their lives. I mean, really, how much will they hurt themselves if they fall off the garages. Likely the worst that would happen would be a broken bone or a couple stitches.

I also thought to myself how fun it would be. Had I been their age and out playing with them, my mother probably would have come out of the house to find me on top of a garage playing tag with the boys. That probably wouldn't have lasted very long ... but it would have been fun.


As I walked away after having taken my pictures, I heard someone screaming at the boys and a few minutes later they were no longer on the roof. We'll see if it happens again.

No comments: