Sunday, June 22, 2008

Teacher Training




I got back last night from Savva Orphanage. I am pretty tired after three full days of training. We felt that the training with the caregivers and teachers went really well. They seemed to really appreciate it and were already coming up with ideas of things we could do at future trainings. We talked about love languages, remedial students, behavior management, and learning styles. It seemed like although they had some previous knowledge of these topics, many of the techniques that we brought were new to them. I am excited about the relationships that I was able to begin building during this time. The teachers gave Ember, myself, and our translator each a beautiful teapot with piali (tea cups). It was humbling to receive such a beautiful gift for a few hours of training.

I will be here in Taraz for a couple days. On Tuesday, I will return to Savva with Stever Mirer. He is a man that is from the USA that has been living in Spain. He is going to be with us for a few weeks helping us get some raw video footage. He will also be doing some training at some of the local orphanages, showing them how to take good video and how to compile the raw footage into a project. We will return from Savva on Thursday.

The Interlink Blog has an update on how the delegation is doing at Savva.

No comments: