Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Crazy Couple Weeks

Hi everyone! The last couple weeks have been crazy. We have had the Knauss family here. It has been so nice having them here. We are also preparing for delegations. The first one is arriving next Tuesday.

June 1st is Children's Day, so we did several things at the orphanages to celebrate and finish up our activities for the summer. The children will all be leaving for camp in the next couple weeks. We will start up our normal programs in October after they have settled back into school.

My favorite time over the last couple weeks was when we went to the river with our older kids groups at Saramoldaeva orphanage to celebrate Children's Day. I spent almost all day in the water with the children. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the younger boys swim. They would call my name, wait to see that I was watching, and then do some trick in the river. When they resurfaced, they looked to make sure I was still watching and smiled or waved at me. I enjoyed letting them show off for me.

I have put some of my favorite pictures from the last two weeks below. If you want to see some of the other things we have done, check out the Interlink blog.




No comments: