Friday, May 16, 2014

Enjoying Beauty

Over the recent holidays I had a chance to go hiking in the mountains with a friend from England who lives in a neighboring city. Although it is only May 5th, the temps probably reaching about 90 degrees that day. Thankfully, in the hills it was a bit cooler. Southern Kazakhstan is mostly steppe and  is dry and brown for much of the year. Although the browns are beautiful, my favorite time of year here is the spring. During the spring the hillsides display so many shades of green. The plowed farm land adds many different distinct browns and greens as well. On top of everything, springtime brings with it the blooming of wildflowers of all different colors and shapes. It is always refreshing to get out of the city and enjoy the beauty of creation. I wish you could be here to enjoy it with me, but I figured some pictures would at least give you a glimpse into the beauty of Kazakhstan.

No comments: