Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thailand Vacation

A lot has happened since I last posted, so I will be posting a couple different posts in the near future to catch everyone up.  I spent much of August in Thailand, relaxing and re-energizing before the start of work for this school year.  I had a great time and enjoyed getting fully rested.  Below are some highlights of my trip.  

Hanging out with the tigers

Riding through the jungle

This life jacket from our snorkeling trip made me laugh

Special treats

Sunset on the beach

Cave exploring

A palm bonfire on the beach

Watching local fishermen

Exploring on a scooter - driving on the left side

Sunrise my last morning on the beach - I also swam out to the island on the left one morning ... the blisters I received from the fins I wore were not too fun, but it was a fun trip out to monkey island.  We sat on the beach and watched scared tourists try to feed the monkeys.  

Overall, it was a fun trip full of great memories and new friends.  I even got to hang out with some friends from Shymkent (Kaz) who were also on vacation, which was a fun surprise.  I returned to Kazakhstan rested and ready for the coming semester.  


No comments: