Thursday, June 28, 2012

Remodeling Coming to a Close

Hi everyone! I thought I'd give you a quick update on my apartment.  While I was at Savva, Josh and Adam worked to install the linoleum in my living room and entryway.  They also installed light fixtures, trim, and some new shelves in a couple closets.

After Savva left Becky and I walked through the house deciding where each piece of furniture should go.  Then, while I had a meeting they moved all my furniture for me and did a round of cleaning.

Today, I had an air conditioner installed.  It was a bit of a funny sight watching a Kazakh man (tall for here) lay on my window sill out my fourth story window making sure the outside unit was properly installed below my window.  Tonight will be my first night sleeping under my air conditioner.

I have been so blessed by friends who have come halfway across the world and helped with in so many ways.  I am especially thankful for all the work they did on my apartment.  I certainly could not have done all of this without them.  We have some cabinets to move in tomorrow and a couple more finishing touches, but the work here is primarily done.  Now they are moving on to other projects at the office and the team house.

Here are some pictures of my completed living room and some light fixtures.





1 comment:

Catherine said...

Beautiful! So glad you have a comfortable home.