Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Day of Rest

Life has been pretty busy recently.  I had a great time with the Ulan delegation.  It was fun to spend time with them and be able to see the kids at Ulan again.  They did a great job and I think the staff and kids had fun and built deep relationships.  Three days after they left, the Savva delegation arrived.  It was so fun to see many friends who have been here before.  They were only in Taraz one day before they headed off to Merke (about 3 hours away) for camp.  I will be going out to Savva for parts of three days starting tomorrow.  It will be fun to spend time with the delegates, kids, and staff.  I am also looking forward to attending graduation and playing some soccer!

Yesterday, the team that is here for the summer took the day to enjoy the beauty of Kazakhstan.  We went to the mountains for the day.  Our time included some rest, hiking, and even some Canasta playing.  It was fun to have others here to share the joy of a restful day.

My apartment remodeling is coming along.  Becky and I went to the bazaar and purchased light fixtures while Josh and Adam installed the linoleum.  This adventure included trying to carry a 6 foot piece of metal through the crowded aisles of the bazaar.  Thankfully, no one lost a head, although there were a few times where it could have been a real possibility.  :)  The bulk of remodeling should be finished this week.  It will be nice to have my apartment put back together.  I am looking forward to thinking through how I can best decorate and organize the furniture and other items that I have.  I'm thankful that I will have help with this as I don't always enjoy trying to figure out what might look best.

Below are some pictures from our day in the mountains for you to enjoy!  If you want to see more you can go to this link.






No comments: