Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Already July - WOW!

Hi everyone!  I can't believe it's July already. Hope you all had a great 4th!  My 4th was quiet, with a nice dinner at a friend's house.  It is hard to believe that I have already been here for more than two months and will be headed back to the States in less than one.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the transitions in the next couple months, but also really looking forward to them.  

The last delegation of the summer will arrive in about a week.  It is a group of youth from Muncie, IN that I had the joy of helping with over the last couple years.  Of the 13 that will be here, 6 of them are returning.  Instead of just coordinating logistics for them, I will actually be able to participate in the time that they spend at the House of Hope, a small, private orphanage in the city of Vannovka.  We will be spending four nights at a camp near the mountains with a pool, soccer field, volleyball court, etc.  

I really look forward to being able to spend time with the youth from both the USA and Kaz.  This summer my responsibilities have entailed helping to care for the delegations, which has meant that I have not had as much opportunity to actually spend time with kids.  I have loved my responsibilities, but at times have missed just getting to interact with the kids in the orphanages.  It will be fun to have a few days to do that before returning.  

Here are my tentative plans for my return:  I leave Kaz and arrive in the USA on the 27th of July.  I will spend July 27th-August 19th in Indiana.  August 19th - 22nd, I will be in Ohio visiting my folks.  From there I will drive through PA (to see my grandfather and others) and will end up in MD until the end of August.  At the end of August I will head down to Lynchburg, VA ... my home until mid-November when I will likely become a bit transient again for the holidays.  Feel free to start letting me know when you can get together if I will be near you. I look forward to seeing many of you in the coming months as I prepare to return to Kaz full-time.  


No comments: