Friday, April 15, 2011

Back Home

I arrived back "home" today.  My flight arrived at 3am - only an hour after its scheduled arrival time.  Each of my three planes had some sort of mechanical issue causing them all to be delayed by approximately an hour.  Thankfully, I had just enough time to make it to my second flight right before the doors closed.  Overall, my trip was pretty uneventful.  The food was good.  I got to watch 1 1/2 movies that I hadn't seen yet, but had wanted to see.  I slept most of the second flight and on the car ride to Taraz.  My taxi driver brought a pillow and a blanket for me and I had the entire back seat to stretch out.  It's funny how luxurious that felt after cramped plane rides.  The car ride was exceptionally quick (which meant a lot of quick avoidance of potholes and other vehicles) which made me thankful for the Dramamine that I had brought along.  

I even got to participate in my first party of my time here.  Katya, our receptionist, had a goodbye tea just as I arrived.  It was fun to spend time with people in the office.  I spent the afternoon at home settling in and meeting the person I will be living with the entire time I am here.  I will probably head to be pretty soon, as I am exhausted, but wanted to let everyone know I arrived safely.  I have the weekend ahead of me without any definite plans and then will begin work on Monday.  

No comments: