Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Joy of Friendship

Delegation season is kicking off.  Although the first delegation that I am involved in doesn't leave the States until mid-June, preparations are already underway.  Last night and tonight I was able to be a part of team meetings for two delegations that will be going to Kazakhstan this summer from Muncie.  The  first part of the new handbooks were completed in order to provide them with resources as they begin their adventure.  I am looking forward to walking through this process with them.  It is times like this that I can look at being here in the States and realize that God has placed me here right now and is using me to do the things that He has prepared me for during the last several years.  I am learning to enjoy this period of uncertainty.   

I am also in the process of purchasing the first round of plane tickets for interns.  We will send away for a visa later in the week.  It is exciting to see steps being completed in the projects that I am working on. 

On a side note, I continue to be reminded each day of how blessed I am to have such good friends.  Since returning I have been surrounded by people that care for me (both near and far).  Tonight, as I got together with some of my new friends, I was reminded of how all of my needs have been provided for.  One way has been through these friends. 

Funny Story:  This week I was reminded of some things that I forgot were done easily here.  As I prepared the delegation handbooks, I needed 32 sets of dividers for the binders.  I went to Staples and was unable to find the product that I had found online.  The man at the store helped me to order it in the store and have it shipped to our office for free.  When I opened the dividers I found that they came with a template that made it possible to print the tabs instead of hand write them.  Yay for the little things in life!  I continue to be thankful for the things that I used to take for granted. 

No comments: