Friday, July 24, 2009

Preparation

I have spent a lot of the last couple weeks in preparation for my trip to Kazakhstan.  The youth team that I will be helping finished packing today.  We have 23 crates of fun supplies to take over.  I will be helping facilitate their delegation, which basically means that I will be helping to make sure they have all that they need during their time in Kazakhstan.  We will be spending time at an orphanage and with a local youth center.  The delegation will be there for two weeks and then I will remain one more week. 

During this week I will be saying goodbye (for now) to my Kazakh friends, children, and family.  I will also be helping Kids Connection staff plan for the upcoming school year.  We have a lot to think about as the number of staff has decreased (with my being here for now and one of the other staff coming back to the States for four months).  I am really looking forward to going back "home".  I do know that it will be hard, since I will be having to say goodbye to those that are so special to me.  I leave on Sunday and will arrive in Kazakhstan on Tuesday.  I will try to update this blog fairly often in order to keep everyone aware of what is going on. 

No comments: