Sunday, November 11, 2012

Learning on a Sunday

Today I am taking the day, as I try to do each week, to not study and just spend time catching up on things around the house and relaxing.  Here are some things I have learned about myself and I thought you might enjoy them.

  • If I want to continue doing dishes just once a week, I need to buy more large spoons.  I run out of them before I run out of anything else. 
  • I love having a dish rack in my cabinet (everyone in Kaz has this and as long as you keep the tray underneath the dishes, your cabinet does not warp and you can hide all the dishes you just did or not even have to put them away.  (pictured below)
  • Ziploc bags should be re-used and sticking them to the tile backsplash is a great way to dry them. 
  • I am more of a perfectionist than I want to admit.  It bothered me that there is one large plastic bag in the midst of all the small ones.  I use the excuse that it makes it easier to put the dishes away when they are all dried according to type.  So, my OCD tendencies are really just efficiency on my part (at least that's what I like to tell myself).  
  • A cluttered house actually causes me stress ... I guess I like to be stressed most of the time.  
  • Doing dishes often gives me a headache.  I find myself grimacing from focus while I wash.  However, today Gungor kept me from this.  I'll have to play Gungor more often while I wash my dishes.  It's kind of ironic because earlier in the week, when I had a headache, Gungor caused my head to hurt more.  
  • White Christmas can make any day better.  
  • Here in Kazakhstan the top sheet while getting a massage is used to protect your pants from getting massage oil on them, not as a form of modesty.  
  • I shed as much as any dog or cat.  It's a good thing I am not allergic to myself. 
  • What looks like rice cakes are really wheat cakes.  I thought I was doing such a good job avoiding gluten.  I'll have to figure out some other solutions.  
  • I have figured out a convenient way to bring my computer up to a good working level, using my current furniture (pictured below).  
Well, I guess that's enough learning/entertainment for one post.  Hope you have a great week!  



No comments: