Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Starting to Come Together

Plans for my trip to Kazakhstan are coming together.  I have purchased airline tickets!  I leave on April 13th and return on July 26th.  I will be traveling through Amsterdam both directions.  Also, yesterday I sent  my visa application away.  It was my first visa application this year, so I had to remember how to apply correctly.  It is a pretty detailed process.  Thankfully, I had notes from last year and could also access info from the embassy online if needed.

I am starting to sort and pack items.  It is too early to pack for my actual trip, but being gone four months requires a little more thought than just a short trip.  I am also enjoying the times I get to spend with friends.  I am starting to prepare myself emotionally for the sadness of leaving people here and the joy of seeing friends in Kazakhstan that I haven't seen since September.  It's sometimes difficult to have such completely differing emotions related to one thing.

I continue to be excited about what this time in Kazakhstan will hold.  I am not looking forward to all the details that need to take place in the coming weeks, but soon they will all be behind me and I will be on a plane to my "home" in Kazakhstan.  Thanks for walking beside me on this journey.

No comments: