Saturday, August 29, 2009

Settling In

The week and half that I have been back in the States have been pretty eventful.  I have had to visit the doctor (sore throat caught in Kaz) and have had a chance to catch up with many friends.  I have really enjoyed being able to hang out with my small group and other friends here.  I have also started helping with a local youth center, which I have thoroughly enjoyed.  

This week I moved into a house that I am house sitting.  This has been a confirmation to me that I am doing the right thing, even though it has been very difficult not to return to Kazakhstan for the time being.  I have pretty much unpacked everything (this doesn't include putting it all away though).  :)  I will take the next week or two to get settled in.  I have met several of my neighbors and feel very safe in this neighborhood. 

I have new phone numbers as a result of the move and my old cell phone dying.  If you click on the link on the side of this blog you will be able to call me using Google Voice.  It will ring both my cell and my home phone.  You can either do this to get my new number or send me an email and I will send it to you.  Thanks for all your encouragement as I have been walking through this challenging period.  I have a sense of complete peace, which is really nice.   

No comments: